The advocacy service in Clonmel CTC aims is provide a tailor-made approach to career path planning to meet the specific guidance, training and work experience needs of early school leavers and to support their move from our CTC to mainstream training, education or employment. The advocacy service helps learners to develop a Career Path and offers a step by step support which:
• Helps the young person to clarify their interests and abilities
• Encourages and motivates the young person
• Informs the client about their Education and Training options
• Explains the value of vocational skills and the importance of work experience
• Helps the young people to gain access to training courses and employment
• Supports and tracks young people in their progression
Advocates on behalf of the young person:
• Work as a team with provisions, service and agencies relevant to or working with the target group. To provide support and guidance for the trainee at a pace which enables them to make a successful step from initial induction stage to full integration to a learning environment.
• To liaise with other programmes within the community and build networks.
• Identify opportunities for work experience within the community. The advocates works to prepare the young people for placement while liaising with host organisations throughout the process, including post placement support and feedback.
087 2793777 / 052-6124011
In Clonmel CTC, SPHE supports the personal development, health and well-being of young people and helps them create and maintain supportive relationships
- SPHE enables the learner to develop skills for self-fulfilment and living in communities
- It promotes self-esteem and self confidence
- It encourages learners to develop a framework for responsible decision making
- It promotes physical, mental and emotional health and well-being.
- The skills attitudes and values fostered in the SPHE classroom flourish throughout the centre.
- Weekly classes and whole centre projects promoting well- being.
- The roundhouse , a unique and peaceful setting for these classes.
Literacy & Numeracy Support
Clonmel CTC offers our learners additional literacy and numeracy support if required. This can be accessed through scheduled one-on-one sessions with our tutors or as part of an accredited award.
One-on-one literacy support
Full module available in Communications
QQI Module - Functional Mathematics for some learners.
VTCT Module - Managing own money
The centre takes a holistic approach to educating our learners. We believe that each individual has the potential to grow both professionally and personally. An integral part of this growth is the therapeutic support available to our learners. Our qualified Psychotherapist has extensive experience in working with young adults and they are available to help process any personal issues the learners may struggle with.
She provides both one on one therapy, as well as mental health workshops for groups of learners. These workshops focus on developing better self-awareness and coping skills, as well as redefining the self in a more positive light. Our attitude towards mental health is one of non-judgemental positivity. We encourage our learners to seek support/advice whenever needed and we are always happy to help.